The Bible clearly teaches that we should be generous givers.
- God loves a cheerful giver (2 corinthians 9:7)
- It is more blessed to give than to receive (Acts 20:35)
- but the righteous give generously (Psalm 37:21
- if [your spiritual gift] is giving, then give generously (Romans 12:8
Giving demonstrates our trust in God
Generous giving keeps money from becoming an idol
Our giving empowers ministry, both locally and globally
Ways To Give
The church center app
This is the best and easiest way to give. Download the app from the app store on your device, open the app, search for New Hope Community Church in Williamsburg (or let the app use your current location,) Choose the appropriate Campus (you’ll still be able to see events and such for all campuses,) then log in with your email address and password from Planning Center. Once you’ve logged in, you’ll be able to give with a couple of clicks without having to log in again. You can even set up recurring giving, which helps you be consistent with your giving. You can give with credit or debit cards as well as directly from your bank account (ACH.) Contributions by ACH only cost the church $.25.
Even if you don’t want to download the Church Center App, you can still give online using a credit/debit card or your bank account, and you can still set up recurring gifts. Check out the video on the right to see how simple it is to give
.Even if you don’t want to download the Church Center App, you can still give online using a credit/debit card or your bank account, and you can still set up recurring gifts. Check out the video above to see how simple it is to give
Cash or check
Because of the Coronavirus, we are no longer passing anything, including offering bags. However, there are offering boxes at both campuses for you to drop your offering into. At the Traverse City Campus, boxes are located at the exits out of the sanctuary as well as by the “ushers’ closet” at the East end of the lobby. You can also mail a check to 5100 Bethesda Ct. Williamsburg, MI 49690.
If you give by check, your gifts will automatically be tracked and a receipt given at the end of the year. If you give cash and want your gifts tracked, please use an offering envelope with your name on it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much should I give?
In the Old Testament, the Bible was clear that the expectation was a tithe (10% of one’s increase.) Those who didn’t tithe were considered to be “robbing from God.” In the New Testament, it seems that tithing was a normal occurrence (the Pharisees were careful to tithe even their spices.)
The Apostle Paul’s instruction to the church in 2 Corinthians 9:7 was “Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion.”
At New Hope, we believe that the tithe is a good rule of thumb as a starting point, but more importantly, we believe that all of us should be generous givers, just as God has generously given us His blessings. What does that look like in your life to be generous?
Where does the money go?
- A portion of our regular offerings goes to support the families of our pastors and staff.
- 15% of all offerings are distributed to missions, locally and globally
- New Hope believes in giving ministry away, so, some funds go to things like The Promise Production and The Christmas Journey, which have been, and will continue to be, free to our community. When we charge for an event, it’s always just enough to cover direct expenses, so, your gifts always provide the staff and facilities to do ministry.
- Another portion goes to upkeep and maintenance of the Traverse City Campus as well as rental of facilities in Bellaire. Note–New Hope does not use any regular tithes/offerings to build or improve facilities.
What does it mean that New Hope is a debt-free ministry?
New Hope has never borrowed money for any purpose. Because we don’t carry debt, we can do more ministry. We believe that the Lord is able to provide the resources needed to do the ministry He calls us to. We try to move forward according to His timing.
Is online giving safe?
We use Planning Center for all online giving. They are one of the biggest processors of online donations/payments for churches, and they use best-in-class security protocols.
When you’re on any giving/payment pages, look in the address bar of your browser and you’ll see the padlock icon and “https” in the address, indicating that the page is secure.
None of our staff can access your specific payment information in the system.